Inca Catalunya, Jumbo and Project xx1 develop artistic projects at local and European levels to involve different communities. This project aims to develop a long term training for performers and scenographers between Italy, Spain and Austria. The project will culminate with a performance that will be showcased in Barcelona and Rome.
The concept of a Dinner-Banquet, metaphor for power plays, will be the main inspiration of the work the participants will be doing.
The objectives are as follows:
• Provide participants with a framework of practices using the excuse of a theatre production to make a professional experience in a European context.
• The project will culminate in a performance in Barcelona and Rome between September and December 2020.
• Develop participants’ ability to create performance using immersive theatre
• Support participants in the creation of live performance
• To create a collaborative events at local level within a European project
THE PROJECT IS STRUCTURED IN THIS WAY:
The selected artists must be able to take part in different activities and preparatory work.
PREPARATORY WORK in their home country
RESIDENTIAL TRAINING IN AUSTRIA 1 (20/27 APRIL 2020)
PRACTICAL WORK AT HOME (MAY-SEPTEMBER 2020)
REHEARSALS and PERFORMANCE IN Barcelona (1 WEEK IN OCTOBER 2020)
PRACTICAL WORK AT HOME
REHEARSALS and FINAL PERFORMANCE IN ROME (1 WEEK IN NOVEMBER 2020)
Deadline to apply: 15th of FEBRUARY 2020
We are looking for 12 participants from the following countries: Italy, Austria and Spain.
The participants will have to be dedicated artists and being able to attend the three European events. The selected artists will have to attend several preparatory meetings and complete tasks before each European encounter.
The participants we are looking for must be socially engaged artists or (aspiring) arts educators with practical experience and having all the following characteristics:
• 3 performing artists or (aspiring) arts educators with practical experience – physical theatre and/or music and/or dance;
• 1 scenographer
• age: 23-33 years old;
• interested in intercultural exchange through the use of arts;
• open to diversity;
• fluent in English as a working language (being able to understand and communicate in English for the entire project);
• it is obligatory to be present during the whole duration of the activities every day.
To Apply send your CV or Artistic Links to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All costs for board and accommodation are covered by the organizer, travel costs are covered up to a certain limit depending on the distance from home! (more information -> FAQ)
Participant fee: € 150,00 (to be paid in cash at the beginning of the 1st training course in Austria, or will be deducted from travel cost reimbursement )
Declaration: Please take note of the following conditions that will apply in case you are selected to participate in the training course.
1. I commit myself to participate in the whole process, including: to prepare myself carefully for the training courses and to do all remote preparation work the team will ask for; to take part in the full duration of the training courses; to participate in the whole evaluation process;
2. I am aware that obtaining a health and a full travel insurance are my own responsibility and at my own expenses;
3. I understand that the information I provided on my special needs does not remove my own personal responsibility for ensuring my own health;
4. I authorise you and the European Commission to publish, in whatever form and by whatever medium, including the Internet, my correspondence address, information about my organisation and work and pictures taken at the courses
Dieses Projekt wurde mit Unterstützung der Europäischen Kommission finanziert. Die Verantwortung für den Inhalt dieser Veröffentlichung (Mitteilung) trägt allein der Verfasser; die Kommission haftet nicht für die weitere Verwendung der darin enthaltenen Angaben.